PITCHINDIA TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USEThe data and information provided by PITCHINDIA is solely for information purposes. Neither PITCHINDIA nor its content providers shall be liable for any errors in the content. By accessing the PITCHINDIA website, a user agrees not to replicate or redistribute the information found therein. PITCHINDIA may provide links to specific companies for purpose of convenience to the Entrepreneur and does not endorse services of that company. These companies are solely responsible for any services they supply to users of PITCHINDIA. You accept that PITCHINDIA is not a tax, financial, investment or accounting consultant or registered broker-dealer.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMSPITCHINDIA provides its service to the user subject to the following terms and conditions of use ("Terms") which may be updated from time to time without notice to the user. The user can review the most recent version of the Terms at any time by logging on to www.pitchindia.com. By using this website, the user indicates that they agree to be bound to these Terms.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICEPITCHINDIA's website is designed to provide a means of communication between Entrepreneurs in India seeking funding and private Investors or Venture Capital Firms across the world seeking investment. The Entrepreneur submits a business proposal in the form of a 'Pitch' which is vetted by PITCHINDIA's designated board of advisors against PITCHINDIA criteria. Upon successful fulfilment of PITCHINDIA's criteria, the Pitch is submitted to the Investors for a period of twelve months from date of subscription. The Entrepreneur may choose to upgrade their subscription for analysis and feedback by our business experts to gain advice on their business idea and achieve a higher ranking Pitch amongst Investors. Entrepreneur users of this site may receive reports and analyst feedback from time to time, to which they respond or act upon at their own risk. Investors can contact Entrepreneurs directly via a private or public chat facility included in the service. Any deals, mergers or acquisitions made between both parties are independent of PITCHINDIA's involvement. PITCHINDIA strongly recommends that the user takes independent professional advice before taking any action which might adversely affect the user's rights.
3. CONDITIONS OF USEOn registration of personal details on PITCHINDIA, the user agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about itself. If PITCHINDIA has reasonable reasons to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, obsolete or incomplete, PITCHINDIA reserves the right to suspend or terminate the account of the user and deny any future use of PITCHINDIA. The user confirms that the user is over 18 years of age if the user agrees to these Terms and uses PITCHINDIA's service.
The user of PITCHINDIA is responsible for keeping details of its account and password confidential and must notify PITCHINDIA of any breach of security which can occur if the user does not sign out of its account after use. PITCHINDIA will not be liable to any loss or damage of confidentiality of user details if the user fails to comply with this.
The user's subscription to use PITCHINDIA's service is personal to the user and accepts that no use of the service may be made by any third party on the user's behalf whether or not authorised by the user.
The user of PITCHINDIA accepts that all the emails, business plans, images, data ("Content") they upload to the PITCHINDIA website is their sole responsibility. PITCHINDIA does not control the content posted or uploaded by the user onto the website and cannot guarantee the integrity, accuracy or quality of such Content. However if PITCHINDIA becomes aware of any content that violates the Terms herein specified, PITCHINDIA shall retain the right to refuse or remove any such Content.
The user of PITCHINDIA agrees to not use PITCHINDIA to:
a) Upload, email, transmit or post any Content that is unlawful, vulgar, harassing, harmful, abusive, obscene, libellous, tortuous, racially or ethnically motivated.
b) Imitate any individual including a member of the PITCHINDIA team to cause misrepresentation amongst users
c) Make available any confidential information of a company which was disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements
d) Make available any Content that infringes any intellectual property of any party.
e) Make available any material that contains software viruses or computer files that are intended to disrupt the service provided by PITCHINDIA or destroy computer hardware or software.
f) Collect or store personal data of other users
The user of PITCHINDIA understands that PITCHINDIA may disclose Content if required to do so by law or to enforce the Terms or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of PITCHINDIA users and the public.
4. CONTENT SUBMITTED FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICEAny content that the user of PITCHINDIA makes available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service will be deemed by the user to have granted PITCHINDIA the license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt and publicly display such Content solely for the purpose of promoting the PITCHINDIA Service and forum.
5. NO RESALE OF SERVICEThe user of PITCHINDIA agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell or exploit any part of the Service for any commercial reasons, in particular, any intellectual property rights of PITCHINDIA or any individual or business that submitted information on PITCHINDIA.
6. PITCHINDIA'S PROPRIETARY RIGHTSThe user of PITCHINDIA acknowledges and agrees that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with that Service contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by intellectual property laws. The user agrees not to copy, modify, create a derivative work of or attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, or sublicense any right in the PITCHINDIA website, the Content or the software.
7. TERMINATIONThe user of PITCHINDIA agrees that PITCHINDIA may terminate the password or account of the user in its sole discretion, if PITCHINDIA believes that the user has violated or acted inconsistently with the Terms. This termination may take effect without prior notice to the user for which PITCHINDIA shall not be liable.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIESThe user of PITCHINDIA expressly understands and agrees that: a) Its use of the Service is at the user's sole risk. The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. PITCHINDIA expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
b) PITCHINDIA makes no warranty that (i) the service will meet the requirements of the user of PITCHINDIA, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information or other material purchased or obtained by the user of the PITCHINDIA website through the Service will meet its expectations and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
c) Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at the sole discretion and risk of the user and the user will be solely responsible for any damage to its computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
d) No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by the user of PITCHINDIA or through or from the Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the Terms.
e) Neither PITCHINDIA or its Contributors, nor their affiliates or representatives shall be liable to the user of PITCHINDIA for special, incidental or consequential, direct or indirect damages arising from any occurrence directly or indirectly (including without limitation loss of profits, loss of business opportunity, loss of property, of any nature whatsoever) whether or not such damages were foreseeable by PITCHINDIA or its Contributors or any of them was advised of the possibility of such damages and whether otherwise arising from any contractual, tortuous acts or omissions of either party or of their respective affiliates or representatives, and whether or not it had any knowledge, actual or constructive, that such damages might be incurred for having relied on the material, data, information or the content forming part of the PITCHINDIA website, to make personal, medical, legal, tax, accounting, investment or financial decisions.
f) The user of PITCHINDIA is fully responsible for any agreement or understanding they enter into with any of the Contributors. Also the user of PITCHINDIA accepts that PITCHINDIA does not endorse the Contributors or whatever proposal the Contributor may present and that PITCHINDIA shall not be liable to any claims arising or resulting from any thesis or proposal of any of the Contributors, or from any agreement, understanding, investment or relationship concluded or established between the user and any of the Contributors.
g) The user understands and agrees that the purpose of the PITCHINDIA website is for networking and that PITCHINDIA is not engaged in giving legal, tax, financial, accounting, medical or professional advice to the user of PITCHINDIA.
h) The user acknowledges and agrees that it is his or her own responsibility to obtain independent legal, tax, financial, accounting, medical or other professional advice with reference to evaluating, agreeing and implementing any deal or investment based on any of the material or data presented on the PITCHINDIA website.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITYThe user of the PITCHINDIA website fully understands and agrees that PITCHINDIA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the following:
a) the use or the inability to use the service;
b) the cost of procurement of substitute services resulting from any data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service;
c) unauthorised access to the user's data;
d) alterations to the user's data;
e) statements or conduct of any third party on the service;
f) any other matter relating to the service.
9. MATERIAL SUBMITTED BY THE USERAny material submitted by the Entrepreneur for vetting and analysis by PITCHINDIA's advisors and business analysts will be held by these members of the PITCHINDIA team subject to the Confidentiality Agreement which can be found on www.pitchindia.com.
The user of PITCHINDIA accepts that any information or material it submits to PITCHINDIA is its own work and property and as far as it is aware, does not infringe the rights of others. The user agrees to indemnify PITCHINDIA and hold PITCHINDIA, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees and partners harmless from any claim or demand including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due or arising out of material submitted or otherwise made available through the service, the user's use of the service, its connection to the service, its violation of these Terms or its violation of the rights of another.
10. MODIFICATION OF THE SERVICEPITCHINDIA reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue temporarily or permanently, the website or the Service with or without notice to the user. The user agrees that PITCHINDIA shall not be liable to it or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the website or the Service, except to the extent of refunding your subscription if you are unable to make use of the Service due to the non-availability of the website.
11. SUBSCRIPTIONThe cost of access to the subscription are as is set out in the pages where the user can subscribe. Such costs may be altered from time to time by PITCHINDIA. The user is not entitled to cancel subscription unless the user was unable, for whatever reason, to complete the relevant process for which PITCHINDIA reserves the right to only issue a refund at its sole discretion.
No contract will subsist between the user and PITCHINDIA to make the Service available to the user unless and until the user has submitted its payment details to Paypal or WorldPay and they have confirmed to PITCHINDIA that the user's account has been debited.